- Gather boxes – You will need boxes of all sizes for packing different kinds of items. You can go to various stores gathering unused cardboard boxes or you can buy cardboard boxes. If you want a more eco-friendly option you can try FROGBOX Moving Boxes who will deliver the boxes to your home for packing, and will pick them up once you are done.
- Start packing as soon as possible. There are many things to pack, the sooner you get started the less hectic things will be as the day approaches. Pack seldom used items first, leaving frequently used items until the end.
How to Pack a Box
- Make sure the box is secure. If you are using FrogBox you will have no problem. If you are using cardboard boxes them make sure to add tape to the seam at the bottom.
- Pack items from the same room together. Bathroom with bathroom, kitchen with kitchen, etc. This will save you some headache when it comes to unpacking.
- Pack boxes with heavy items on the bottom and light items on top.
- Pack fragile items individually with bubble wrap.
- Fill empty space with newspaper. (dishtowels, bath towels & clothes also make great space fillers!)
- Pack heavy items in small boxes and light items in big boxes.
- Pack boxes until they are full so that they do not collapse.
- Do not pack flammable items, dispose of these prior to your move.
- Label the side of each box with the room, contents, and your name to help the movers know which rooms to place boxes in.
More Packing Tips
Before You Leave Your Home
- Check under beds, in closets, on high shelves to ensure nothing has been forgotten.
- Turn off lights, turn down heat or a/c, close & lock windows and doors.
Want more Moving Tips? See more moving tips from GoGetter: Moving Tips.